Welcome to the Gillingham Imperial Silver Band website. We are a friendly brass band located in the south west of England, and we are currently graded nationally in the 3rd section. Please check out our vacancies page as we are currently looking for various players.
A date for your diaries!!!
On Saturday 18th April 2015 the band will be welcoming International Euphonium Soloist Glyn Williams to Dorset. Glyn and his wife Helen, both principal players with the World famous Foden's Band, will be leading an afternoon of workshops and featuring as soloists in an evening concert. Both events will take place at The Exchange in Sturminster Newton. The workshops will be open to members of all local brass bands but spaces are limited so please contact us soon to secure your place! More details to follow in the New Year.
This year the band have a busy schedule over the festive season. Here's where you can catch us:
- 16th Nov - "The Magic of Christmas" - Craft Fair at Riversmeet Leisure Centre, Gillingham. 10am - Midday
- 27th Nov - "Light up a life" - Weldmar Hospice service - Orchard Park, Gillingham. 6:30pm
- 29th Nov - Wessex BBA Winter Contest - Life Centre, Bournemouth.
- 5th Dec - Gillingham festive lighting parade - Gillingham Town Centre. 6:30pm
- 6th Dec - Coffee and Carols and the Bandroom. 10am
- 6th Dec - "Tis the Season" - Tisbury Christmas Event.
- 10th Dec - Motcombe WI Christmas Dinner, The Coppleridge.
- 13th Dec - ASDA Gillingham. 10am - 1pm
- 14th Dec - Annual Christmas Concert - Gillingham School Hall. 3pm.
- 21st Dec - ASDA Gillingham. 10am - 1pm
- 21st Dec - The Coppleridge Hotel, Motcombe.
- 24th Dec - The Walnut Tree Inn, Mere
Please come and support us over Christmas and enjoy some wonderful music!
The band will, weather depending, be bringing Christmas carols to you in your home between 15th and 19th December around Gillingham. Here are the locations and dates:
- Monday 15th - Gylla's Way
- Tuesday 16th - Coldharbour
- Thursday 17th - Maple Way
- Friday 18th - King John Road
As always we are happy just to play music for you but any donations (all of which go to the substantial running costs of the band) will be most gratefully recieved.